Creeks South Brisbane

Brandy

Yeah there are tilapia and even big carp in there. Get in now before it cools down more if you wan't good success.

I have tried a few baits but humble old bread seems the best. I guess the fish get used to the by product of people feeding ducks.

If you want less "pest" type fish get yourself a yabby pump and head to Lota Creek. Whiting, bream etc are pretty staple.

Angus

19 hours ago, Brandy said:

Thanks mate i have tried several types of bait in the bulimba creek but haven't tried bread might have to do that. Also Lota creek sounds good might have to check it out.

Cheers mate

Get yourself a yabby pump if you to Lota.

Low tide as well if you won't be able to pump yabbies.

Angus

Are you landbased or do you have a small boat or kayak as Tingalpa and Lota creek share the same mouth then branch off as there is both good boat ramps and fishing platforms for landbased in a couple of places along Tingalpa creek . These creeks fish well for whiting, bream, flathead and even good cod and mangrove jack. There is yabbie banks on both sides of the crreks at the  mouth but you need a boat for the yabbie bank which is the better 1 on the south side but the north side you can walk down on to at low tide. 

Archived