How Good Is AFO At The Moment!

samsteele115

After the big change to the forum it really went off didn't it! I think that it's the best forum out there and the community on here is just great.  It's really starting to expand as well which is seeing many more interesting reports being posted.  

Yeah certainly some great fishing and people on here. I'm often guilty of not reporting due to laziness but will make conscious effort to contribute a bit more. It really is a cracker of a site and I've met some good mates on here that I'd never have crossed paths with otherwise

Yes it has been good. Nostalgic even :)

I think when Facebook really ramped up it took a bit. A few malcontents did not help.

But I think we have slowly but surely built a community from the older members and many new that prefer the reporting capabilities of here over FB and the community feel that comes with it.

Hopefully we have turned a page into a great era with some longevity :)

I have a few trips coming up and I am definitely more enthusiastic about reporting then I was maybe 1.5 years ago.

Angus

Hello, my name is Steve and I have been a BFO/AFO addict since 2008........

Pretty sure it was Dino who put up a post a while ago about nobody reporting much or getting involved in discussions.  That really started a flood of activity that has kept up ever since. This forum has a good feel to it, and since the "malcontents" left, everyone has been respectful and helpful (except for @kmcrosby78 and his constant sledging of northsiders). 

Credit to the mods and admin for setting a high standard. Now all I need is to get some fishing mojo back and you will see some more posts from me.

3 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Hello, my name is Steve and I have been a BFO/AFO addict since 2008........

Pretty sure it was Dino who put up a post a while ago about nobody reporting much or getting involved in discussions.  That really started a flood of activity that has kept up ever since. This forum has a good feel to it, and since the "malcontents" left, everyone has been respectful and helpful (except for @kmcrosby78 and his constant sledging of northsiders). 

Credit to the mods and admin for setting a high standard. Now all I need is to get some fishing mojo back and you will see some more posts from me.

it was Dino's post that sparked the idea of Suburbs of origin. Just a way to create some friendly free online banter, and bring back some involvement vibes to the forum. at last count i believe there was 28 folks involved with round 2 of the comp. Its awesome to see!

also great to see the online arguments about fishing rules and regs etc gone, i remember in the past proofing my old reports to ensure i couldn't be attacked for writing something. Certainly isn't like that any more!

A good opportunity to once again remind everyone that interest begets interest.

In the past it is funny how often the naysayers, the newbie critics and those generally unhappy with the level of content are also the ones contributing SFA :P

Angus

Archived