Help Needed

Cody

Hi everyone. Just enquiring to see if anyone on here targets bream in the bay on lures? I have all my own gear and lures and am desperate to get some onwater tips if anyone could help? Happy to pay for fuel and lunch and whatever costs associated. Thank you in advance

I've done it a few times as a backup plan if plan A didn't work, and its fun I guess haha, but there are much harder fighting fish and there is better fishing to be had in the bay if you are going to that much effort to get out there and that's why I don't really do it. I think once I get a 40cm bay bream I wont do it again haha. Any fish caught on surface though is heaps of fun so if I'm in the bay shallows a surface lure on light gear is always worth a go.

Hopefully someone can take you out for a bream session

Best advice i could give you is to start targeting them with your favorite top water lure from 1 hour after low tide on any rubbly ground or mussel beds as the tide moves up and floods these locations. The biggest bream hold in the strongest current area and very shallow. Early morning is best but on an overcast day you will get them throughout the day. After the water is 1m deep i usually give the top water tactics away and use plastics.

Thank you all for your tips. Greatly appreciated guys. Ive caught lots of bream on surface lures,shallow divers,plastics.. what id really like to try is for some of the bigger bay bream,squire etc that frequent the bay islands. Im saving for a 4.5mtr tinny at present. Was just hoping someone might have a spare seat for a decky sometime so i could watch their techniques.  Once again a huge thanks to all gor some great advice

19 hours ago, Cody said:

Thank you all for your tips. Greatly appreciated guys. Ive caught lots of bream on surface lures,shallow divers,plastics.. what id really like to try is for some of the bigger bay bream,squire etc that frequent the bay islands. Im saving for a 4.5mtr tinny at present. Was just hoping someone might have a spare seat for a decky sometime so i could watch their techniques.  Once again a huge thanks to all gor some great advice

Deckie spots come up from time to time it is just a matter of snatching them when they do!

Archived