Windy Wednesday + Not-so-windy Thursday

Panther

Went out for a bash in the new tinnie Wednesday and Thursday this week and managed a modest feed from the lower reaches of the Pine River on both days. Funny really that the predicted\reported wind was 15-20 knots however it really only felt like that for an hour or so Wednesday.

Yesterday (Wednesday) started well then ended in a few wasted hours where I persisted and probably shouldn't have. I couldn't seem to produce anything upstream of the highway bridge!? Anyway best catch was a plump ~50 something cm flathead, on prawn, that I released.

DSC_0649.JPG

I kept a smaller ~45cm flathead that had swallowed the hook and also managed a legal tailor on plastic. My first for the year. Also nabbed some undersized flathead on a metal blade. Take home feed on Wednesday included a 30cm bream as pictured.

DSC_0650.JPG

This morning (Thursday) began very slow and then heated up a little towards midday. I took a mate out today and we ended up leaving a decent bite session due to family commitments. Still a lot of flathead around in the Pine and the odd tailor (although mates have caught more tailor than I have managed). Take home feed shown below - the best fish, again, being two 50cm flathead. Point taken that the little flounder arguably trumps all in the taste stakes though!

DSC_0657.JPG

The wind was well down this morning - water was glass till about 8:30-9am in sections of the river. I might try again tonight seeing as the wind is predicted to increase from tomorrow morning onwards.

1 hour ago, Angus said:

Bit more than modest! Well done mate. Usually hear about people struggling in the pine so good to see.

Angus

Cheers. It has definitely been producing the goods for me this year. Learning something new every outing.

Archived