Fishing Of Late, Scarb Reef Night 13/5

STKE

Howdy!

I apologize for not been very active or posting reports, really haven't had a lot of time on the water. Our first child is due in a couple weeks, the wife has been keeping me pretty busy. 

Took advantage of both the perfect weather on Wednesday and Saturday for some more scarb adventures. Getting sick of killing bream, whiting and flat head in the Caboolture river. 

Wednesday was a pretty quite day, I threw back every bream under 30cm. However I did notice thousands and thousands of bigger models under the boat with tailor mixed in (water was that clear). They wouldn't take a bait though, reminded me of those big bream in a marina . 

Spoke with Father n Law mentioned the numbers and tea'd up a time to head out for night fish to see if they were more active. 

Was overall pretty quite threw back just legals, kept the 27+'s, Heaps of 30's. I landed an octopus which was a first, that's now in the feezer waiting for dinner with friends. 

Joe managed to hook up what had to have been the biggest turtle i've ever seen in my life, It's shell would have been at least a meter across and a meter and a half tall.  Towed us in circles untill the hooks straightened. 

Upgraded my bream PB, now i'm in the 40+ club, 41.5

Cheers

13938554_10154279518146011_1612430588525751062_n.jpg

Cheers for the best wishes fella's.

There were also some massive tiger squid at the scarb marina but once again, smarter than humans and wouldn't take a lure. 

They would look it and swim away. 

Same thing with the Bli Bli barra park, you can watch the barra come up under each pellet looking for a hook. 

Archived