Back From Monduran

Chase the lure

Went to Mondy for the first time since the floods last time I fished there it was about 20% full now it is about 85% I think.

day I donut

The first day we set up camp and headed out about 2 pm bloody hot casted the points scanned around looking for fish till it was dark then trolled the young fella hooked up but it jumped off as fast 

Day 2 donut young fella hooked up cast points and it didhim in the timber but some meter fish were being boated

day 3 the same as the first day but every night you could here the barra jumping out othe water

day 4 we got our first barra in the morning a 52 cm model not the biggest but a start had a rest I the arvo and went back to the same spot and the boy got is first ever barra a 54 cm so he was over the moon We ended with 4  more around the same size from the same spot 

when it got dark we start to troll to the public boat ramp then I hooked a meter fish on a jackall image.jpeg

so for the day we boated 7 Barra all tagged and released

day5 later start about 5 am went in to sda bay and hooked a good Barra that did me in the timber

that night we trolled the main basin before we headed back to camp the boy hooked a big one that got air Bourne and through the hook he could not believe the power of a big Barra we headed back to the ramp the I hooked up about 50 meters from the ramp a big fish again it jumped about six foot out the water I have never seen one get that high before it put on a real show after it jumped again it dived for the bottom and I put to much pressure on her and pulled the hooks 

so after 4 and a half days we managed to boat 7 fish and lost as many so is Mondy fishing as good as it was in 2011 close to but not far off

but Mondy is Mondy some people get fish and some don't this time she smiled on us next time she  might not but we left if some memories

i will be back there soon

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived