NPD 17/1/17

rayke1938

Pretty hard going I had only boated 4 bass before I horned in on Dinos nursery.

Percy is really spoilt he will only eat a forky if it has been definned.

He certainly recognizes a bent rod as he starts to grunt and moves in closer. Fools him when you get snagged.:devil:

Was a bit of a slow trip back to the ramp for me as the bowmount stopped and displayed low battery symbol on the remote.

Put the voltmeter on the bank and it was only showing 22volts on no load. The cases on 3 of the batterys are all distorted so I have bitten the bullet and pick up some new lead crystals tomorrow from Daz at https://fishingfix.com.au/product-category/batteries/.

Cannot really complain about the old ones as they were used when I purchased them 4 years ago.

I drove over the other side of the causeway and launched from the far bank which is a lot easier than dropping the trailer off the side of the causeway.

Cheers

Ray

DSCN0744.JPG

DSCN0745.JPG

DSCN0746.JPG

DSCN0747.JPG

DSCN0749 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0750 (640x480) (2).jpg

Ive just had my first dam fishing trip on the weekend but i found woth the hot weather the bass were going arounf the 5 to 7 meter mark. Did you find it was the same at npd? Im just trying to bank my knowledge of what i learned on the weekend and npd is onky an hout away so may look at trying to fish there in the near future

8 hours ago, Cmaltby said:

New car Ray? What did you get yourself 

09 x trail diesel auto. With my knees becoming worse I was having great difficulty getting down into the I30 so I had to get something easier to get into.

Bit more power and gives 10l per 100k towing the boat. i30 used to be between 8 and 9l per 100k.

Cheers

Ray

10 hours ago, squeak6969 said:

Ive just had my first dam fishing trip on the weekend but i found woth the hot weather the bass were going arounf the 5 to 7 meter mark. Did you find it was the same at npd? Im just trying to bank my knowledge of what i learned on the weekend and npd is onky an hout away so may look at trying to fish there in the near future

The school that Dino found were on the edge of a drop off that went from 34ft to 45ft. There are a few drop offs that reguraly produce but when the fish are a bit slow you have to prospect with lures ALA Dino or just look around using your sounder.

It does help if you have one of the more upmarket sounders that have mapping of contour lines and more importantly the ability to read it..

NPD is a great fishery but like all dams takes a while to work it out but it is a hidden treasure being within 1 hour of the CBD of a capital city. Best $110 you will ever spend for a years boating access permit.

Have a look at the PRFMA website as lots of info there.

http://www.prfma.com.au/

I quite often have spare decky spots if you are interested.

Cheers

Ray

1 hour ago, rayke1938 said:

The school that Dino found were on the edge of a drop off that went from 34ft to 45ft. There are a few drop offs that reguraly produce but when the fish are a bit slow you have to prospect with lures ALA Dino or just look around using your sounder.

It does help if you have one of the more upmarket sounders that have mapping of contour lines and more importantly the ability to read it..

NPD is a great fishery but like all dams takes a while to work it out but it is a hidden treasure being within 1 hour of the CBD of a capital city. Best $110 you will ever spend for a years boating access permit.

Have a look at the PRFMA website as lots of info there.

http://www.prfma.com.au/

I quite often have spare decky spots if you are interested.

Cheers

Ray

Cheers ray i may take you up on that offer.  Dam i love this site. Xant believe i was away for so long 

Archived