Hinze Of Late

Glenn S

Hey Guys, i have been off the forum for a few minths due to a change of job and havent had access to a computer for a while but anyway thought id chuck up a bit of a summer report for hinze dam. So as usual in summer i struggle really bad to get any consistany catching bass (unless i use bait but there's no challenge in that!) Water temps were over 30 all summer and some days it was over 32 degrees in the main basin! In these temps the bass go down and sulk in the deeper water i have found. The saratoga however love it and are at there most active for the whole year. I've lost more than i've landed (pretty standard for togas!) including an absolute monster that busted me off on 20 pound leader around a tree. It was easy 80cm+ as i got a good look. Have started using 30 pound leader a fair bit now cause im sick of loosing good fish! The bass are only just starting to become active now as water temps are back down around 28 and dropping. A bit of rain to flush it out should do good things for the autumn bite leading into winter. Anyway i'll leave you with a few pictures of some recent trips including getting my old man onto a few bass which was very rewarding and a morning well spent.

Cheers, Glenn.

20161115_151328.jpg

20161115_165501.jpg

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_20161119_171736.jpg

IMG_20161215_211614.jpg

IMG_20161222_194036_447.jpg

IMG_20170222_182722_947.jpg

IMG_20170225_103743_215.jpg

6 hours ago, Angus said:

Awesome man. I will be there next weekend with a kids fishing camp. Cannot wait.

Angus

Good stuff Angus, here's hoping the young ones get onto a few! Definitely on the improve out there now. Drop a few shrimp into the trees, you can't go wrong!

Cheers, Glenn.

3 minutes ago, Glenn S said:

Good stuff Angus, here's hoping the young ones get onto a few! Definitely on the improve out there now. Drop a few shrimp into the trees, you can't go wrong!

Cheers, Glenn.

That is the plan.

I will throw some toga lollies around though :)

Angus

59 minutes ago, Angus said:

That is the plan.

I will throw some toga lollies around though :)

Angus

Spinner baits high in the water column in shady bays early to late arvo have been producing toga for me lately. Spinner baits are about the only lure i use in summer at hinze haha. Throw some surface lollies around too!

Cheers, Glenn.

Archived