Cod Country For Some.

Dinodadog

Finally got away with Luke to do some cod fishing.Stopped for a bite at a servo, bad mistake, ended up with food poisoning, arrived at camp grounds 10.30 pm, set up swags and off to bed. Managed 3 x 10 minute naps during the rest of the night, spent most of it on the toilet. Up in the morning for a cuppa and some french toast and off to the cod grounds.

Fished for 5 hours for nothing, then back to camp, I had double vision on the way back, dont know if it was from the bad food or diabetes. After lunch took both vehicles with me  with my yak and Luke with his canoe. I was about to pull Luke out of a bog when he said have a look ahead, 2 fisheries blokes heading towards us.The main bloke was amazed when I produced my gold card, he called the other bloke over and told him, if you see one of these they can fish anywhere.

Finally got the yak and canoe in the water just as a storm was comming over, I got the double vision back again and said to Luke I cant even see where I am casting. As we agreed to pull the plug Luke hooked up to an over 65cm cod. This was to be the one and only.Later we found out why from one of the shop owners, they said that all the waters in the area had been flogged to bits over the last 2 long weekends,and the majority of fish caught were taken home to eat. Well thats the excuse this time.Second pic shows tractor washed up from previous floods.

Dino

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Getting crook like that would be scary with the diabetes Dino, Really bugger things up, look after yourself!

Looks like nice country though, what river is that?

And finally - How long did it take Luke to walk back to the camp ground :20_kissing_smiling_eyes:

Archived