Bribie Island And Northern Moreton Bay

wahoo133

Hello Fishers,

I have been heading out off eastern Bribie Island, around and past skirmish point and up the surf side a lot recently chasing snapper and sweetlip mainly. Lets just say almost every time I've ended up fishing for whiting instead because i cant seem to locate these fish. I know there are several decent coffee rock patches but i have no idea of their whereabouts and have spent hours looking. I am by no means asking for your exactly gps honey spots but perhaps just a guide of where to look? This Monday is looking promising in regards to weather so im hoping to get out and try my luck again if anyone has any information or even wants to meet up out there Im more than happy to do so. I have a 4.25m Sea Jay tinny with a 40 horse power Yamaha (seen in Profile Photo), 40 litres of fuel and a sounder so pretty much any locations in my range would be would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Riley

Hey Riley, do u have an epirb?  If so you could head off mooloolaba. Kilometers of reefs only a few kms offshore.  I'll be heading out Monday as well. There has also been reports of good catches of snapper in the bottom end of the passage

Archived