Jump to content

Total Scan Transducer Fixed


Recommended Posts

After a miss alined boat retrieval at 1770 earlier this month I ripped off the Total Scan Transducer on a roller. 

Today I replaced it,  while it read excellent at low speed it was not so good at high speed. (I have the Furuno for high speed anyway). 

While I was going to the trouble of installing a new one I made a nylon block to mount it on, dropping it another 20mm. Hopefully this will give clean water at speed. Won’t know if it’s a success till I head out next. 




I have done the latest software update for the HDS Gen 3 which gives it more clarity and the downscan shows the fish in different colour so they can be easily distinguished from the bottom or structure. Here’s a shot from the simulator to show the feature ‘fishreveal’ 


Itching to get out again. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...