from waddy point to cannonvale

Jono4500

Hi all 

A quick write up and a question concerning my latest fishing attempts.

Last Saturday travelled up eastern side of Fraser with a team far more experienced than I, who were to show me over the next 5 days, the tailor run in all its glory. 1st few days it was easy to blame the wind for not catching fish but last 2 days the tailor went hard and quickly became a comp between us all. I was wrong to assume how simple it would be but was guided by some masters on the intracacies of everything from casting the giant alveys, to picking your gutter, to etiquette when your spot gets pinched by a random who saw you catch that last fish. A new fishing avenue I will now be dedicating a week to annually. (Not bothering with pics- I'm reading they're not working)

Home wednesday, up in airlie beach now for a week with the family - here's the question- any advice on land based fishing spots airlie beach /shute harbour area? Got a mix of tackle and soft plastics. Will hit up the tackle shops tomorrow but thought I'd put it out here as well. Some of the rock walls and marinas look like they have potential.  Any help gladly appreciated.