Newstead Pontoon 21st Sept 2006

Angus

Well no sharks :(

We had an ok night but struggled a bit with bait.

Hook me. And then just cook me. Until i get my, Gamakatsu.

Greg, John, Ash, Troy and I hit up Newstead pontoon yet again in search of the Brisbane River Bully. It looked to be ok with a couple of mullet caught really early on. However like a false dawn, this was a false magic hour.

It was a bit of fun though. 3 catties and 3 rays bagged. well released actually :P The rays were all caught on very lite gear so that certainly provdided a bit of fun. We packed it in a bit earlier than last week as we just could not get the bait needed. I am sure we would have done significantly better if we had got some more mullet and they always seem to get early on and soon after being cast out. Oh well.

Next week i think we shall endevour to hit another location up first and get an esky of mullet before we hit the pontoon.

Good fishing Y'all.

Hook me. And then just cook me. Until i get my, Gamakatsu. (This was the theme dons of the night being played by the party boat as it cruised by, im thinking it will be the next chart topping remix).

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/09/21 10:53

by the way Ash...

you probably have figured out by now that you left your headlamp and tie on the pontoon. Gus has your tie and i have your headlamp. We'll be heading out again next week so you'll have to come along again, at least to pick up your gear.

Greg

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/09/21 10:53

Archived