Was only catching small ones of these.....

Dan23

Angus wrote:

Ocean Shores?

Angus

Ha ha yeah, the whole Bruns is terrible at the moment. the water is like chocolate milk even onto the beaches. We got checked by fisheries and they said no one was catching anything.

So thank god for mullet, man I can't believe I have neglected them for so long. Wish I could figure out a way to catch them on lures.

thanks guys, I was just using bread under a float. I kept 1 big one and one little one for strip bait fishing on the beach but that was unsuccessful :unsure: Let all the others I got swim away :)

Would be fun to get a 10-15cm one and float it out off the rock wall at night. Might try it in a few months ;)

Rocket75 wrote:

How to catch mullets????I reckon Booty would know, there would be plenty in his neck of the woods:silly:

Do they get airborn when hooked? They seem to spend quite a lot of time in the air regardless.

You need some red eye reduction action devil boy!

Rocket

Red eye reduction won't fix me rocket:P

And yeah they do jump unless you lowstick them. I was really playing them out with a loose drag and managed to only pull the hooks on one fish. I reckon if you tried to skull drag em in they'd jump around more too. All of them had the hook fall out of their mouth when I netted them.

• 1 month later...

Archived