Brisbane River 22/06/08

Dec

Well after the dismal result at NPD yesterday we thought a change was in mind so at 5 this morning we got up and headed out to the Brissie River in search of some flaties. So we got to our spot I tied on a small HB and first cast I got hammered but dropped him second cast some thing happened again and dropped it again. So fished for a bit longer with nothing so I changed to a SP and me and George had a double hookup for about a second on good fish but dropped both straight away. So we moved along a bit. Then finally a flatie ate Georges HB and in came in a very energetic 55cm flatie later to be released unharmed. Moved along a bit dad got 3 bream on switchblades on a pontoon. Then we moved up to bogy creek to try and fish there we got 1 small squire and a pike on HB’s. Then we moved around to some more pylons where dad got busted off with a switchblade by a big silver fish. So then we moved back up to fish for flaties again as the tide had come up a bit. We firstly got some more bream on switchblades. Then I got 1 on a sx40 but no flaties so we decided that the wind was to cold and we called it a day at 9:30am. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/geo_flatie.jpg

post-1303-144598462819_thumb.jpg

Archived