Tailor session - Sand Pumping Jetty 23/8/08

Dimo

Hi fellow fishos well this isnt much of a report because I got a Donut, but it was a exciting session. Me and a mate hit the jetty around 10pm we found a spot and started fishing, I had no Hits. My mate not being equiped for this session with the apropriate gear had about 6lb main and 20lb leader and he was fishing with his little bream outfit :ohmy: . Anyway all of a sudden Bang his rod went off, we where like shocked as this thing was massive and on a rod he was using was a challange. He fought it well but when he got it to the Bridge his reel could not bring it up. So off I went using my hands to pull this thing up :huh: I was struggling to pull this up, after a few cuts to the hands we managed to get it about mid lvl of the guard rails. We both had a look at what it was. All I could see was down the mouth of this thing bloody HUGE. Some other guys came and had a lookc, we couldnt get it over the rails, so 1 of the guys ran back to get a gaf or his net, by this time it had snapped the 20 lb line but not the 6lb :huh: and went back in the drink :( . Now for the size, this thing was a Tailor about 60 to 70cm big 1 of the guys that saw it said, weight was about 4-5kg my estimate OMG.... So close to landing this beast on light gear and on a jetty. Well all I can say is we will be more prepared this friday or saturday night, for success or another Donut. Some people we had a chat to said Friday night was the night to b there:( everyone was catching one after the other...

tailor are dam tricky to land off any elevated platform as they ahve a soft mouth. if you are lucky enough to hook them in the jaw all good! real bugger you didn't get it up though,:( would have beaten me for FOTM for sure! but dude, 6lb line off the sand pumping jetty??? :blink: some of the massive bream around there would eat you for breakfast on that! you are a much gamer man than i!:laugh:

Archived