Balina ,Bruns and Evans fishin tips?

flatty_catcher

Hi all, I have to stay down at Lismore for a week for a course I am doing..

anyway i will be staying in a motel or somthing and I have done it before and it drives my crazy (motels are very boring).

So I am packing the rod and the plastics and will spend most my evenings in the sea air wetting a line to make the most of it.

I will be within driving distance of Ballina Brunswick heads or Evans Head so if anyone has any little tips on what to target or what type of plastics I should use or good spots, much appreciated

Cheers

Dan

Hey Dan mate i fish Evans and Ballina a fair bit and i can let you know all about it but i have just finished a report in Bush N Beach so if you can get hold of a copy Brett has done a run down on Ballina and i have one on Evans Head, here is a quick veiw

Ballina if land based both walls bream, flathead ,jew, tailor and whiting, all of the town reaches you can fish land based soft plastics of hard body lure ok there, you can fish from Missinghame bridge all the way to ferry approach, North side, South side cross ferry and you can fish all the way to Wardell Bream,flathead, jew, whiting also South wall very fishable.

Evans Head Both walls Bream, flathead, blackfish fisher friendly, Evans Bridge very good night or day whiting bream, flathead, mate all these areas are great spots to fish if you are having probs with area come in and have a chat to us at Ballina Bait & Tackle at the Big Prawn Complex at Ballina or give me or Maxi a PM

[img size=224]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/641_animatedgif5_2-fe2c7a2e0d3d8c32e543c6b499a8e0e3.gif

Squidgie

post-3753-14459847355_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

cheers fellas

sorry squidgie i have been gone for 2 weeks so I missed your post.

not to worry I did go out a few times in the river and got nothing but then hit the river that branches off it.

Dead low tide on the turn 5 am casting over (but not through them) the sea grass beds with 4 " minow (lime tiger) and a 1/4 jigg...4 flattie ( 50cm,40cm, 35cm,30cm), 2 bream (arounds 25cm..small but hungry).

All fish released, and lost a few at the bank.

was a great morning and sadly was my last morning in Balina, also seen a lot of flathead lays some around 60-70 cm.

There is some great fishing to be had in the area, I'm stoked.

Dan

Archived