Converting Prawn Lures?

Angus

Hey all.

After seeing threadybusters lure collection in the forum and knowing he has been getting good threaddies and jewy on them i was intrigued.

Apparantly they have a bad hook up rate though.

Ex member Kevin developed a style of threading a wire throught and adding a treble.

I was just wondering if anyone has fealt the need, and done successfully a prawn star style lure convert to increase hook up?

Pictures would be appreciated :)

Angus

well i guess the real prawn star has 2 sets of hooks and there is no need.. but im not sure of the brand of prawn lure in the pic but another hook down the back would not go a stray.. kokada make a good prawn lure that sorta looks like those..

was talking to a a guy at the tackle warehouse and he was telling me of even doing a simmular thing with soft plastics, calls it the stinger.. so i cant c it being a bad thing..

B)

I have fished with DOA Prawns and Prawnstars alot up north and they are my go to lure for Jacks and Threadies. Had alot of barra smashing them up in the shallows as well and found the hook up rate with them not so good with the single hook of the DOA but much better with the trebles of the Prawnstar.

Doing this to the DOA increased hook ups greatly and did not seem to spook the fish too much at all.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/prawn01.JPG

Archived