Sunshine Coast River Fishing

hulk

Hi all,

I am looking at finding a good child friendly spot up the coast so that I can take my young family fishing with me. I went up there two weeks ago and had family time in the park up behind Tewantin RSL and thought this might be a good spot to drop a line in the future. Are there any better spots like further along the Noosa River towards Noosa Heads or down the river near Maroochydore? Also which species are prominent?( like jacks, breams, flatties etc) I'm thinking more park based as we have been to quite a few beach spots.Enjoyed Caloundra where the kiddies could play on the beach and I could keep an eye on them whilst trying to catch dinner. Any advice would be welcome and appreciated.

Cheers.

Adam

p.s Are there any spots that are good for camping along the rivers so we may even make it an overnighter or weekender?

thanks in advance

Chambers Island at Maroochydore might suit a few of your criteria. Footbridge from Bradman Avenue. There's a beach and grassed area with swings etc for the kids. Fishingwise - whiting, flathead, bream (especially off the eastern end). Take the insect repellant if you head into the shady areas.

Tackle shop pretty close too - across the road somewhere from memory.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maroochydore&ie=UTF8&ll=-26.644793,153.079269&spn=0.01262,0.022423&t=h&z=16

Failing that, you might consider Caloundra. Many areas there, but I'm thinking anywhere from Happy Valley/Bullcock Beach area and down to Golden Beach and Bells Creek you'd have to find a good spot or two or three. If you're into a bit of fishing off the rocks and let the kids play around behind you - Shelley Beach is pretty safe, and there's a park and toilet facilities and some swings there too.

Hi hulk,

There used to be a small c`van/camping park at Munna Point,Noosavlle ,my 2004 refidex,S/shine Coast map 9,B14 shows it still there.you walk straight out back of park,and your on sandy beach on the river.to your right is coast gaurd at mouth of Weyba creek.off the beach you can get,whiting,flatties,bream in season.further around to the right theres two bridges that pass over the creek,trevally around pylons and rock walls either end of bridges.Further up Weyba crk,mud crabs and mangrove jacks.

If you go the other way from camp grounds,it takes you along Gympie Tce,parklands all along the river,you can fish along there,has play grounds,toilets,boat ramps,hire boats.

cheers

Archived