Fishing Gear at Aldi

Feral

Finally got in to Aldi to try and pick up another set of 10" pliers, they were all sold out. But anyone chasing lip grippers, the Aldi at Bald Hills had 20 or 30 still left.

Bargain at $8 a set. (Equivilent quality to the Berkley ones for sale for $30 just about everywhere else)

Paul10 - last time I got a set, I compared them to the Berkley's I already had, except for the colour of the lanyard they are identical, right down to the same mould marks on the handles, so obviously out of same factory. I have not yet checked the new ones that closely, but they look the same.

Shrimpo - The only thing left at the Bald Hills Aldi was a heap of the lip gripers, one rod holder / gimball set, and a swag of their lures (Which do look like crap).

Haven't been into an Aldi for a few years. Is all the fishing gear in the one spot these days ? or would you find the lip grippers between the steak and the lingerie and the rods near the nuts and the reels above the TV's and beside the cheeses ?:silly: :side: :blink:

Or have things changed since I vowed never to go again ?

With most of their specials they have a limited number. I went to our local one at Viccy Point last Thursday at 11am and they were sold out of the 10 inch pliers and also the plier sets. They only had about 10 spools of 20lb braid left so it looks like if you want anything you have to join the opening rush .

This week they have electric boat winches for $80.

Cheers

Ray

I went last thursday morning @ opening and it wasnt too bad beside the normal hussle you'd expect.

Their was a reasonable supply of all advertised fishing gear. I picked up 2 reels of Braid, the stainless pliers & split ring plier set, plus the lip grippers.

All work well mechanically, havent tested the braid yet.

Interestingly though the plier combo advertises that the pliers are stainless!!! the long nose pliers appear to be but the split ring pliers are just normal mild steel.

Has anyone purchased the digital scales from there???

i got the lip grippers about a yr ago and they are still going very strong, have been through heaps of punishment (dropped) saltwater etc. rinse down under the tap then dried and quick spray of wd40 and its all good again. deff worth the $10 or so i paid for it

Archived