Iluka Dec Holidays - Fishing Hols! All Welcome!

batman

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone heading down to Iluka or Yamba for the Christmas break.

After sruggling to find a campsite that is dog friendly I found a great campsite at Iluka. If anyone is heading down that way over the December hols give me a hoi! I will be yakking the Clarence river and the rock walls at Iluka. By all reports some big species can be bagged...everything from Marlin to Flatty's!

They still have camping spots available so if anyone has not firmed up camping plans for the holidays I invite you to come along, apparentley Iluka is FISHO HEAVEN!!

It would be awesome to get a group of people together so if it apeals to you don't be shy...come along!

Batman

Its a really nice spot down there. I have fished Yamba once over the course of a week and I have never seen so many flatties.

Good luck mate.

Sorry to hear (imm assuming) that Straddy didnt work out.

I can believe there are no camp sites that are dog friendly over there considering all but one beach is. WEird.

Angus

you shouldnt have any problem getting some nice lizards and whiting at that time of the year at iluka. soaking a livie off the wall might bring a nice surprise also... the clarence is a fantastic estuary... are you taking a boat with you mate ??

Maxi

TUR82 I will be staying at the Clarence Head Caravan park. One street back from the water! If you need a deckie just give me a hoi!! The missus and I are going to hire a tinnie and I am trying to swing the budget to get a hobie so I can still yak and save my shoulder. Would be awesome to get a yak group together.

By all reports it's a real hot spot for fishing, lizards, Jew, whiting, tuna, sharking the works!!!!

Yeah Angus all three campsites at North Straddie are no dogs allowed...pisses me off! You can take a dog camping but only along the beach, you have to have a 4x4!! :angry:

I have been to Iluka once but not for fishing! I did a google search and by all acounts its going to be a cracker!

All welcome!

the main ramp is ok but wind prone, although it has a good jetty and cleaning facilities, plenty of parking available. you can get livies, herring mainly, upstream from the ramp 150 mt, and inside the wall where the break in the walls is, but you will have to jig for them with a multi hook bait jig available from the tackle shop ... :P :P

browns rocks is a good place , 3 or so ks upstream from ramp. big reef system in the middle of the river ... :woohoo: jew and bream...

would be good for you to get a map of the lower river setup mate... its quite complex and has many options for a boater ... some awesome back channels and mangrove areas... its a big area the lower clarence as it has so many options to work out.. have fun trying ;) ;)

oh yeah.. and occasonally small tuna and tailor bust up in the mouth area of the river, and mackeral and longtail tuna can be found at the right time of year as well off the wall on livies ...

Maxi

Archived