trolling lures

farcall2

when are we going Jase!!!! the boat is feeling unloved:( :silly:

Perhaps if your motor pushes along too quickly you may be better off trolling into the current where possible to slow you down and click in and out of gear to maintain forward momentum...a transom or bow mounted electric would be the ticket if the budget stretches that far:)

Some lures troll better at speed than others too, check the packets and or websites of the manufacturer and they often have trolling speeds listed.

Rocket75 wrote:

when are we going Jase!!!! the boat is feeling unloved:( :silly:

Perhaps if your motor pushes along too quickly you may be better off trolling into the current where possible to slow you down and click in and out of gear to maintain forward momentum...a\

I wouldnt reccomend this for flathead, they sit with there heads facing into the curren waiting for prey to come past your best bet is o troll or cast with the current

Lee

Specifically for flatties we caught 2 on the troll last week at 2.6 knots. I have a 4str 60 yammy and with the current prop set up at 700 rpm I get 2.6kts. That's GPS speed too.

A couple of options:

You can install a troll switch for about $500 which slows your troll down.

You can change props, but that's a hassel.

I also carry a sea anchor on board which works really well in the needed conditions

And as a last suggestion, throw a bucket out the back or over the side to slow you down.

Hope it helps a bit;)

Archived