Moreton Bay

theokri

Hi Everybody,

I have moved to Brisbane a few months ago and could not wait to get a line in the water.

I have fished the South African waters with great success and could not wait to get closer to the coast as I was more than 600km's away from the nearest salt water fishing spot.

I have been fishing just about every weekend for the last three months with limited success. I mainly fished the southern bay around the islands and last weekend went out from Redcliff. It seemed that there were a lot more activity in the water than down south but with the weather I could not explore the area better.

I have met some really great fishos (hope that is the right term)and they all keen to share some insights. The problem with being new is that some of the suggested locations can just not be found in any book or website i.e two really friendly blokes mentioned that they had a great morning at "three miles" out from Redcliff catching Tuna and they could proof it. Sounds great but where can I get any referance material to the names of such spots without asking for secrets.

Any suggestions would be really welcome

Tight Lines

Peel Island, Southern Moreton Bay

Becarefull as some of these spots may now be green Zones.

There is also a book " 500 Hot Fishing Spot and GPS co ordinates " This book has marks through out the Bay, with some commonly refered to spots.

Welcome to AFO [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/GPS_AFO.jpg

post-2505-14459847813_thumb.jpg

Archived