Minn kota problem

fisho50

Hi all

I have just fitted a 55lb riptide bow mount lecci to my boat and have a small problem after running for a short time maybe 5 min or so the motor stops spinning the prop but the steering still works, if i turn it off for a while it will start working,has anyone had or has heard of someone having a similar problem.

the system is fitted with a 120amp deep cycle battery with 10mm wire and a 70amp circuit breaker.

any help or advice would be great.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for all the suggestions guys,new battery and is fully charged, redone all connections,prop turns by hand,nothing caught around prop and motor is only 5 months old.Looks like its a trip into bla this week. i think it might be in the foot control

Thanks ray for your offer i will call you later this morning your a champion.

Steve

mate i just had a very similar problem with my watersnake. it too is about 5-6 months old. i'd press the power button and it would run for like 10 seconds then stop dead. but it would still move left and right. before i jumped at the motor being the problem i took out the battery and took it to my auto electrician so he could suss it out. he put his tester on it and it turned out to be the battery not holding a full charge despite the charge indicator displaying a full battery charge. check the battery first mate

Archived