Clamp on Tinny Seats Moving

Shrimpo

Im sure others have had this problem with the clamp on seats, how to stop them slipping around on the seats? Its really starting to give me the s**ts but dont really know how to stop it, as i said, im sure others have had this problem so im wondering what you guys have done to stop them sliding around and moving?

if they are the plastic coated thick wire, around 10 mm, what i have done is cut 10 mm perspex cutting board stuff the shape of the clamp which hugs the seat on both sides and a few rivets, can remove the seats easy as, when not using the seats don't notice that they are there and best of all, the seats don't move, another tip, cut 2 grooves into some alloy tubing, cut say 3/4 of an inch, 4/5 mm apart, tube length should be around 1 foot long, use this to tighten up the wingnuts as well as loosen them.

i can't load photo's atm, but very neat and tidy

rob

hey shrimpo, like noname has already said, make yourself a pipe spanner to tighten the wingnuts. mine were giving me the craps too so i got a couple of pieces of rubber equivalent to 2 or 3 layers of tyre tube, put them under the brackets allowing enough overhang for the brackets to clamp on to when you tighten the nuts up as hard as you can. rubber stops a bit of the vibration which causes the loosening and takes away the slipping. good luck with it mate.

buzz...

I made something like noname was talking about and tightened them right up and now they seem fine, I have tried using a fare amount of force and they wont move side to side or tilt forward so will see how they go, If they keep on moving i can just cut some 90x19 ply at the right angles with the mitre saw then seal it up and screw them in with stainless screws, would this work? I cut up a bit of scrap and it seemed fine.

Archived