Mooloolaba fishing

Jords

I was wondering if anyone had some land-based tips for fishing areas around Mooloolaba and Maroochydore. I may look into hireing a boat from Swan Boat hire and if so any particularly great spots along the maroochy river. Also is the fishing around the Marina near underwater world any goo for Bream because we are staying across the road and it would be really easy to acess spots along there. Thanks for any help available.

• 3 weeks later...

there are a heap of baitfish and small bream in the area so my advice would be to jig up some herring or hardyheads and chuck a livie in. pretty good advice for any structure- might need a little wire but sharks aren't likely- a nice flathead or trevally maybe.

hey mate hope this isnt too late..

the jettys around undewater world are great for breaming with soft plastics or even a ecogear sx40 or a rmg scorpion ...... the mouth of the river is also great if your baitfishing for tailor , bream and other fish that may come past.........

there are also lots of spots in the river where at high tide the whiting follow the tide up and is great for sight fishing for tailing whiting with bait..

cheers dom

Archived