boating rules above colleges crossing

jeff f

i've allways wanted a look up that way but never had the right sort of water craft to check it out.

but right now i've got use of a large tinny with a couple of electrics on it for a month so i wouldn't mind checking that section of the river out and the upstream reach from twin bridges and with work being erratic i've got the time to do it

I've seen leccos up there so I think you would be alright. I think a "power" boat means electric powered.

Make sure you fish the top part of the tide if you are going in a big tinny, it gets mighty shallow in some places up there at low. Some of the deeper holes up further would have to be worth a try for bullies:)

it use to be 6 knots from kookaburra to mt crosby, i think the power boats means more skiers and people getting on the plane around colleges itself. i think an electric would be fine because you are heading up stream away from swimmers. the rule for wivenhoe is no power boats (combustible engines) electrics allowed there so it should be the same for colleges!!

so if i head up with the tide at about half tide and comeback with the tide should give me enough water to have a look around and get further and faster with out draining the batterys

and getting stranded

a couple of rods a bucket of liveys and a box of lures this could be good

Archived