passage wreck

chandler130

hey guys with the weather being so amazing yesterday (sat)i decided to go for a spearfish and i thought the wreck in the passage/bar crossing between straddie and moreton would be a good spot. the water was so clean and inviting.first dive in went straight down and had a huge jack must have been 60cm abouts sitting right in front of me besides the wreck.side on askin to be dinner. but somehow i missed.

the run was huge think we were a bit late had to work so hard to get to position was to tired to get good bottom time had a couple of shots at some parots but no luck.had lots of guns problems as i only have a second hand gun from my mate and the first time i used it.my mate was goin on about missing jacks and when he finally come up with one i had to tell him he had been chasin mowong mother in law fish haaha and was amazed it took him so long to get one cos they are dumb dumb fish.

all in all was a great experience and was a nice dive as the wreck is impressive with great fish life and bulk wobbygons everywhere.the speoro who left b4 us had some fish they looked to be quite experinced. but i think at the top of the tide with less run we could of got a fish too.

anyone know if there is a tide time difference from bris tide to the passage there???went for a bottom fish at peel on the way home and got some little squire and moses and a toady ahaha:woohoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived