FTP Sharking 20th March

Nickers

Tomca took me to his favourite sharking spot last night. First thing to do was catch a catfish. Tom caught a small cattie and I caught a bigger one:P

We put the catfish onto the shark rods and in they went.

I was snoozing in the back of the truck and I woke up to a ratcheting sound and Tom told me to grab it and pull it in. I had a girl moment and panicked a bit and the shark let go ( probably frightened by my screaming). I pulled in my catfish and he was still alive and threw him out again.

A few minutes later Tom was onto a big one and as he pulled it in, there was a big splash, then the line went slack and the wire was bitten through. That catfish was not so lucky. He was all chewed up.

We ended up not catching 3 sharks. Might go back tonight for revenge, with a bottle of Chardy to calm my nerves :woohoo:

tomca wrote:

Can anyone back me up that sharks WON'T jump out of the water and bite her leg off

MAte I can promise that. Havent you seen Jaws? That Kayak of yours looks a little to much like an inflatable bananna for my liking :P

Good luck!

Angus

hehe

we used to play and catch little 1 meter sharks over Morton at the big sand hills and days gutter. when we where kids aged from 7 to 13 and only had a landing net and would go up to 1 meter of water chasing them or anything that moved . we never got bitten .and we did catch some that where over a meter.they would flick about etc a lot but where more interested in trying to get away from us not bite us.

We are sharking land based. I wouldn't make her first yak fish be a pixxed off whaler.

I have had a near miss with a hairtail in my boat, it bit through the fuel line. And while defending my testicles i had a large grinner bite my hand in the yak once.

Archived