KFC Donuts BAAAA!

rayke1938

It was kilcoy Fishing Clubs comp day today and as Feral couldnt go i thought that I was in like Flynn as I had been blaming Feral for being my Jonah.

Plan was to target a big cod so armed myself with some big lures and spinnerbauts and headed off.

Plan was to hit this area all morning and not deviate . ( Schultzies recommendation how to get a cod in Somerset)

This is what I found when I came around the corner.

P4180577AFO.jpg

The salvania barrier had broken and all the hyacynth had collected in the area I wished to fish and made it difficult to go downstream.

So I went upstream and flogged the water to a froth with the only result being a sore arm.

I also had put in 4 shrimp traps to try to collect some shrimp for NPD opening day.

Got 2 shrimp for my troubles.

Then I really got cheesed off.

Went back to the ramp to head off to the weigh in and spoke to one of the members at the ramp and he said bl@@dy bass threw around 30 back. He kept 2 well over 50 for the weigh in . He wanted silvers or yellas or tandanus who all have a higher bag limit.

Attended the weigh in and all the other fishos had cleaned up. Biggest silver 1.5 kg Biggest tandanus 2kg biggest yella 2.3 kg. ( They dont measure the fish just weigh them).

Looks like I am the Jonah not Feral.:angry:

Still enjoyed myself perfect conditions.

Cheers

Ray

There is 50 feet of water under that hyacynth and there are lots of logs mixed up with it. I wasnt game to try to push through it even though it looked clear furthur downstream.The water has dropped around 4 feet since Thursday according to locals. The locals said that the logs will sink in a week or so.

They have 2 saltwater trips a year . There is one at Donnybrook next month. The club is very much a traditional 1950"s style club.No catch and release catch it ,weigh it in and then eat it.

I am not knocking it they are all very nice laid back country people.

There are a few young people joining up and it will be interesting to see what the club evolves into as the president is resigning next AGM.

Some new blood may bring in some changes.

Cheers

Ray

Archived