mary river

adambris

It's quite coincidental that you should post this question.

For the last few days I have been considering an extended trip to the area, and have been trying to find references to it on forums....without much result.

All I've been able to ascertain is that Borumba dam overflows into Little Yabba Creek which in turn feeds into the Mary River.

Theoretically then, anything that has been stocked into Borumba could also be caught in Little Yabba. Havent been able to find actual fishing reports confirming it though.

By all reports Borumba is firing though.

it looks beautiful up there and very fishy looking water, i believe it has a good population of bass and cod ,and i would also guess that the toga will be in there, i have all ways wanted to give it a go as i dont think it gets much pressure, make sure you try surface lures while your there ;)

good luck

I've seen a school of bass at the waterhole in little Yabba Creek at the Charlie Morland camping area.

The river around the turnoff to there from the highway just south of Kenilworth looks pretty inviting. I have seen more than one report in the last couple of years of MRC being taken in the area.

Can't remember exactly where this one was taken - it was a DPI&F bloke from memory doing research for the dam (not 100% on that being the reason, but it was research for some reason) [img size=600]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/maryriverreach6_006.jpg

There is water in the river / obi obi creek there, but I dont know of any boat launching spots there. There are bass in there from Baroon pocket, but remember in the the Mary and its tributaries you can not legally target cod, they are no take.

But your not far from Borumba which might be a better prospect. Yellas in there as well.

I was up there on thursday for a fish in Borumba Dam. Yabba Ck was flowing with some considerable current. There are a few spots near Imbil where you can launch a canoe or kayak. The Mary was very stirred up tho. Might be a couple of weeks til it settles enough to fish well.

Archived