Sandon and Brooms Head 26/6

goat_man_baa

After planning a trip yesterday only to cross a dodgy bar and find a flat battery, the trip was re scheduled for today. To my delight the conditions were even better, and although my deckie got called into work and i was flying solo, things looked good.

The reports of good fish had been coming in for weeks, so it wasn't surprising to turn up to the first spot only to find a few other boats (nothing like the bay though) floating around. A few drifts and a few pickers, move to a new spot.

It wasn't surprising to turn up to the next spot only to find a few other boats (nothing like the bay though) floating around. A few drifts and a few pickers, move to a new spot.

It wasn't surprising to turn up to the next spot only to find a few other boats (nothing like the bay though) floating around. A few drifts and a few pickers, move to a new spot.It wasn't surprising to turn up to the next spot only to find a few other boats (nothing like the bay though) floating around. A few drifts and a few pickers, move to a new spot.It wasn't surprising to turn up to the next spot only to find a few other boats (nothing like the bay though) floating around. A few drifts and a few pickers, move to a new spot.

Finally a spot with no other boats. Drop. Wait. Nibble. Wait. F*%KEN SPLASH!!!! Whale jumping full body out of the water about 50m away, Uh Oh! Remember back to some drunk story i heard that banging the side scares them away, pick up the net and bang, bang, F*%KEN SPLASH! Same thing on the other side of me followed by a tail. I'm outta here.

Find a spot in a bit closer to anchor and have some lunch. Drop all baits and watch little nibbles as i eat with no hook ups. Finish lunch, rebait, drop, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Fish on! Pulled up a 4.5kg Snapper, you beauty. Try a little longer with little nibbles, pull up anchor to drift. With half an hour ended up with 7 snapper between 4.5 and 2kg and a 43cm pearly which i'm searching for a recipe for now in another window, ha ha. Anyway long story short, covered alot of ground and some busy spots with no luck and jagged a good spot as a result of my big guts and nearly bagged out in under an hour, only to run out of bait! Sorry, no photos

Archived