yamba-iiluka fishing

fisho50

taking a weeks hols B) at the end of the week was wondering if anyone has some info about caravan parks in yamba or iiluka and how the fishing is at the moment,have wanted to fish this area for some time and can't wait to take the boat down there :woohoo: :woohoo:

Don't know whats happening here - seems to be some site issues (or maybe user :blush: ) - here goes again.

Never been there before but like you am keen to fish the place - never a dull report on the Clarence. I have booked in for 2 weeks in septemeber at Anchorage caravan park Iluka. They seemed pleasant and helpful over the phone - I just came up with them after a web search - booked a river view powered site. Look forward to your report when you return. Here's the link;
/>http://www.anchorageholidaypark.com.au/

Cheers.

Are you going with family or just mates? Basically Iluka is Yamba as it was 20 years ago. It has all the basics grocery shops, pub, restaurants, fishing shop etc. Whilst Yamba has grown pretty quickly into a nice medium sized town (5000 – 6000 people) it still has a good feel, but has more shops to keep the wife happy whilst you’re out fishing. The Blue Dolphin caravan park in Yamba has heaps of family friendly amenities + good water access, the Calypso caravan park is right in the heart of Yamba but isn’t set out as well as the BDCP. Iluka is a retiree town, Yamba was recently voted Australia’s best small town.

Yamba is bigger more stuff for family

Iluka is very slow and laid back.

They have been really hit with floods recently; fishing has been good around the mouth of the river and out at sea has been good also with the bit of dirty water around.

I’d go to Yamba.

Grant.

Not sure how big your boat is but the ocean is fishing really well at the moment south of Yamba. I went on a charter off Yamba yesterday and had an absolute ball and cleaned up with the fish. If you're interested in doing that it was "real time" charters 0428 231 962, and the blokes name is Dave. Cannot recommend it highly enough!

Also he can pick you up from the caravan parks on the water(We did pick-ups at Blue dolphin & Calypso in Yamba yesterday)

thanks for the info Gerard, going by myself mates cannot get time off in such short notice, so it doesn't really matter about the shopping,but i will give blue dolphin a call and see what they have as it's still in school holidays.Goat man i will also give the charter a call to see if he has any midweek charters going. :cheer: :cheer:

I always stay at the Calypso, but the Blue Dolphin is more convenient for fishos. I love Yamba, love it to death. That said, if you're going fishing then I'd recommened Iluka over Yamba as they have a much better harbour and better in-close fishings spots (even though they are just the other side of the river). Travel wise, it's much quicker getting to Iluka as well, things are a bit cheaper too.

But no matter where you stay, checkout both towns and get a feel for them. If you have time, drive down to Angourie to spookys beach. There is a nice rock shelf there with some great fishing... the surf is pristine there too, just be friendly and keep a wide berth of the locals.

Archived