Hey, new member : )

Orphan

Hey guys,

I'm David and live in Brisbane but we have a second house out in hervey bay. Haven't been seriously into fishing for quite a while now but we are looking at getting a smaller boat to use on the bays up there.

Would anyone be able to help me out with figuring out how much to put our boat up for sale for? Its too big for one person to get out and my father just wants a decent tinny as he never gets time to use the big boat anymore due to working in Brisbane.

Its a 27ft Sharkcat, I have no idea on model etc, it was purchased as a hull quite a few years ago and my father finished it up. It has two 250hp yamaha 2 strokes and goes pretty good :) Comes with radio gps etc, has a small cabin for storage, definately not going to set up a bedroom in there its tiny. One of the axels is off the trailer being replaced with a new one, trailer comes with the boat. Overall condition is pretty good, has a few bits and pieces needing touch up but nothing serious. Great fishing boat, very stable on open water and I think it has 700L of fuel tanks.

IMGP0043.jpg

IMGP0044.jpg

I'm not quite sure how much its worth, after looking around on boatsales I saw similar boats from 50k-150k. Can any of you guys help me out?

Noname, how is fishing out of Brisbane? any places worth going out to? We are finding a larger place in Brissy and quite possibly moving the boat into Brisbane so we can clean it up and give it a new paint job + use it if there is opportunity, it is horrid to try and get through built up areas though haha, its too damn long when you factor in a 4x4 towing it, end up having the turning circle of a small planet.

We have a nice bit of land out in hervey bay with a big shed etc but we just don't get out there enough to be able to do any work or use the boat. Its a shame to sell it but it hasn't been used once in the last 3 years :( and the money will be going towards an investment property so I guess it has to go.

Archived