samurai, egrell, ian miller rods.

aichepee

mm i dunno i spooled one of my bcs up with 20lb castaway recently and the knot strength isn't terrible. definately harder to tie knots in and need to do a better job and maaybe more wraps, but bimini-albright still gives a strong connection

i love it for its casting smoothness but having said all that i think my next spool will be back to super pe or tuffline like my other reels, castaway has absolutely 0 abrasion resistance

honestly if i were using it in reefy areas i'd be wary of castaway, even 50lb. have you considered something like tunaticer jigging braid, i find it does its job very well

Mate i have the 402 samaraui reaction. I put it together with the 3000 certate, its a beast of an outfit and i use it for exactly the same thing u wanna use it for. It is the most perfectly balanced spin outfit i have ever owned. If u look around you can get the 3000 certate for fairly cheap. I paid around 480 for my certate at anaconda when they had their 20% off everything sale. If you are still leaning towards a samaraui, id put a 3000 certate on the 402 and if u were going to get a 3500HD id get the 502. The fellas at tackle warehouse use the 3500HD and they pair it up with the 502. If u are looking at anything bigger than the 3000 size you should definately go the HD. For my usage purposes i was recomended the 402 and the 3000 certate. You can actually get the certates for very cheap including shipping at www.bass.jp.

Chris

Archived