Help needed!

starsky

Hi all,

A big hello to you all from Blighty.

I need some advice please.

I will be visiting Brisbane later this year in Mid August and was hoping to get some Flyfishing in.

What type of fishing is available this time of year.

Salt or Freshwater?

What target species?

Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone wants to meet up with a Pomme to wet a line that would be great.

Cheers Mark

Feral,

Thanks for the reply mate.

I guessed there wasn't many flyfishers on this forum but thought i would try my luck.

It's a good forum this,one of the better ones i have visited.

I think i might end up trying something else apart from the fly when i come over anyway.

Cheers Mark

Hey Starsky, only a apprentice with the long wand but there are a few options around brissie for a bit of fun.

In the fresh water the garfish are pretty easy targets with any sort of dry fly. Also little scrappers like spangled perch and maybe a bass will take a dry.

In the estuaries you'll find flathead, bream and whiting,generally on wet baitfish imitations, if you can find some clear water the bream and whiting are excellent for sight fishing.

Wish I could be more helpful but haven't done alot of fly fishing around here yet!!

Starsky, either would do the job but I would say the 7 weight for casting distance and a bit more control around the rocks etc.

There are heaps of options around, so I'll drop you a PM and see if I can put you onto a couple of fish when you are over here.

What do you normally fish for in the mother land?

Archived