brisbane river down from wivenhoe

Plastic Man

fished the river about 8 weeks ago with three mates we had two little boats put in at the spillway at about 6 15am and made our way down the river about 1k were we started to flick some spinnerbaits and hardbodys around wasnt long before we got our first fish 28 cm bass this was the size of the bass all day we ended up with about 20 undersize bass and one 38cm yellowbelly its was fun but nothing like it was back in 03 04 when it just when off big fish after big fish this is when i got my first 50 cm bass just have to wait for some water to come over that spillway and bring some big bass with it tight lines. %7Boption%7D

Post edited by: Plastic Man, at: 2007/03/18 15:21

post-1029-144598408917_thumb.jpg

Mate if you are chasing Bass. We have been getting some up to 54cm to the fork out of moogerag. I guess that's what happens when theres only 4% water and the fish are piggy backing each other. About 100 metres out and 100 metres to the left of the main boat ramp with bibless minnows. Just the old cast and crank has really been turning it on. Also when the goings slow try a snow fishing lure...the bass can't keep their big lips off them.. Tight lines and happy bassin'

Archived