Shimano Starlo Stix Tournament Pro Litespin

aichepee

just bought myself one of these for throwing tiny slugs around for bonito and trveally etc. 7'3 and 2-4kg

Built on a Hasting's blank and fuji titanium Sic guides i thought it seemed like really good value for $140.

I can gladly say that the rod is really really good and my samurai is definately not worth the extra $400.

light enough tip for casting small plastics yet casts little slugs a mile. also an incredible amount of strength for a 2-4kg rod. best fish so far is a 52cm trevally that it handled with ease. B)

so basically im really happy with it and anyone in the market for a new light - medium rod, get this one :laugh:

I was impressed with the Starlo stick I took to Monduran. Nice big front grip, good action - only down side I'm not impressed at all with the split grip. The rod wont sit in the holders properly, either the storage or fishing ones- will be modifying it soon.

i bought another rod at the same time also with a split grip, same problem, so its not limited to the Starlo, ( just a problem with what ever boofhead decided being cheap and leaving half the grip off rods was a trendy rod build.)

Archived