Fingal Head - Beach. 28/03/07

Jack Hunter

Just an update, for those down South a bit.

I usually pop down to the beach for some very light fishing (2lb line 8` Floppy and 3.5\" Alvey for fun) and just to get a couple of fish for dinner. I do this every couple of days. Its, too me, is a bit more fun than taking the boat out all the time.

Well, the beach has`nt really changed at all in the last couple of weeks. This morning I picked up a couple of Whitting and Flathead for dinner (2 of each). I had also landed some Dart, although of legal size, went back in.

So, if you are around there you will get fish, either S/P`s or Bait it does`nt really matter. It does help however, to keep things as light as possible.

(I bet ya`s do`nt see many people using S.P`s on a 3.5\" Alvey, its a lot of fun.)

Cheers.

G`day Shaggy,

I do`nt know about the Tailor yet, as I do`nt usually go down there for \"larger outfit fish`in\". I will be in a couple of weeks though when it gets a little cooler.

As far as the plate size fish go, I go down there only to get 2 or 4 fish for dinner, for me and the missus. Also to have a bit of fun with light gear.

The bait is what I`ve got lying around. Usually shop bought Green Prawns, not the bait shop ones.

The S.P`s, are the \"Berkley Powerbait Walleye\" - 2\" Power grub. Nothing special. Early morning anything seems to work.

Cheers.

Archived