Nudgee Beach vs Port of Brisbane

Gordo

Hey guys just asking your opinion on what is do you think is an overall better landbased fishing spot Nudgee beach or Port of Brisbane. I'm very new to fishing and new to this forum. I heard good things about these spots and i checked them out a few times. I went out to Nudgee Beach once, about a month ago and had a below average run with only catching 1, 36cm Flatty just off the beach at the end of Nudgee Rd and went to Boats Passage twice doing a bit better with 3 legal bream on my first attempt and 0 fish on my 2nd attempt. Any advice from anyone would help about spots, tips, bait with be great. I might give one of the places a go this weekend and write a fishing report on it.

Post edited by: Gordo, at: 2007/03/29 11:26

Mate out along Nudgee way, both at nudgee beach and the sorrounding creeks are great little spots.

Do you ever fish with lures and plastics as thats the way to go.

Check out Jordans latest 8 reports on Shultz Canal. Its very close to nudgee. Its an unlikely looking place i know, but once you see those reports you will be convinced.

Good luck mate and look forward to a report.

Angus

Thanks Angus for the response and tips.

My mate and I are planning to head out and check out Boggy Creek early tomorrow morning and maybe Nudgee Beach next week. I had a look a the report on Shultz Canal and its looks like a great spot for fishing. The only thing is i don't have a tinnie and im not sure if you can go there with foot. Just wondering what sort of plastics and lures you use to target bream and flathead?

Mate every single one of those Shultz canal reports is land based.

Flathead are suckers for soft plastics. I like Berkley power baits, 3'' and 4''.

They are also very aggressive towards hard bodies, i think more out of being pissed off all the time at being so ugly as opposed hungry.

On that note being a snaggy place i would not spend loads. Try some Halco Scorpions or Laserpro's. They do the job for me.

Angus

the best flathead spot ive found in brisbane, is at nudgee beach, there is a kind of a headland of sand at the mouth. an hour and a half after the tide has started goin out is deadly for a feed of flatties. when i go kayaking i just go up and down the head land until an hour and a half before low. starts to slow down after that. also if you have the determination, follow the creek across the road from nudgee beach jetty. you can try the creek at albert bishop park but it is heavily fished out until you get to where the creek widens up a bit in front of the golfcourse. if you go to the nudgee road bridge i can gaurauntee you it will be full of people catching nothing. dont be fooled into thinking they are catching anything. also take a smell of the creek. whatever that smell is it is very nnatural and cant be good for the fish or you if you eat them. try it anyway if you like to give us all an idea of what its like.

hope this helps

jordan

Thanks for the tips Jordan

Unfortunately i didn't go fishing last week cos i went to the beach for a swim instead, however i'm defiantly going this week cos i have a few days off work :) looking forward to it.

Sounds like Nudgee is the place to be. I got prepared yesterday buying some lures and soft plastics at kmart cos its 20% off. Quick question Jordan on your Schulz Canal reports do you actually fish in Schulz Canal or Kedron Brook Floodway (i know its a stupid question)

Gordon

Archived