Boat fishing around Bribie Island

whitehorse47

Whitehorse put boat in around the Air sea rescue ramp and head straight down to your right then over near the oyster leases there. Nice Flattie and bream over there.

Otherwise around the beacons is usually productive. Good luck mate let me know how you go!

I just spent some time up there over christmas and put 2 trips into the canals on the yak using all sorts of hb and sp's for zero results. Was talking to a guy afterwards who says fishing were the canals empty into the passage is a good spot for bait fishing for your bread and butter species and around the bridge pillons produces some good fish. Had a quick look as we were leaving and there where at least half a dozen boats at anchor out from the canal entry so he could be right - or he's been scammin a few fisho's :lol: . He also said there where plenty of jacks in the canals too..... Theres a lot of water there so would be heaps of fun exploring it too. Good luck and be sure to report back on how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reporting back on my Bribie trip, didn't have much luck around the bridge, hell of a lot of traffic and few crazy jet skiers didn't help things.

Anyhow I headed out towards moreton island, picking deeper area's and drifting. Set pilchards on the bottom and a couple floaters, never got a hit on the floaters, but got hammered on the bottom with spotty mackeral, broke a rod and had a great time.

Also got 3 flathead around moreton side of bribie, just legal so I released them.

Also spent over night at Lake Monduran, did not get a sniff, however I heard there had been a few 1m + barra being taken on the edge of the grassy islands in the lake, water temp was around 30 degree, the fishy I thought was a bit quiet there for the number of boats out.

Thanks again for everyone's advise & good fishing. Jeff

Archived