my summer classic report

Enormoss

hi all :) well this is my first report ive done and the first ever comp ive been in so here goes. :dry: first of congrats to all involved,a big well done to winners and runner ups and great work by the organizers :cheer: for the week leading up to the day of the comp i found it hard to sleep especially the night before not really knowing what to expect made even worse by the fact my mate i invited with his top fishing boat pulled out the night b4 with a family emergency. with my boat not going at moment we were looking at being landbased 4 the day but keen as that wasnt going to stop us :blink: so friday night my other mate i invited{dan,third in bream category :) } who would go fishing even if the world froze over came round . we rigged up got all gear sorted and made a plan at being landbased. rocked up to sign in at a bit after 4 and were stoked at meeting the organizers and the laid back approach.headed down to the bridge on the bribe side to fish the slow incomming tide 4 a couple of small moses pearch and a bream going all the way to 11cm on the mat[not even worth a photo] :P that was the 1st hour,then we seen the bribe boat hire guy drive past. bingo! were hirin a boat :cheer: our enthusiasim hittin new heights we headed out in the 4 horse powered beast and started drifting and flicking a sand bank we new held flatties first drift and 2nd cast dan was on a 35 cm model it got our hopes even higher. we kept drifting and flicking the same area 4 another hour 4 a few good hits and misses and a couple of sole fish, so we made a short move and flicked another bank when on about our fith cast bang a double hook up. i measured mine at 33cm and dan threw his back without photo at 30 cm lol few more drifts more hits and misses and another sole the tide was starting to turn and there was an increase in traffic we decided to target some breambos instead,we moved to a spot and the wind hit us outta no where like someone flicked a switch and all was quiet 4 awhile{just peckers} so we moved back down to the bridge by this time the tide was flying out and we were running out of time too. we positioned ourselves where the current wasnt to hard and cast out some mullet strips and bang danny boy 1st cast got a 26cm bream photo then release and our hopes were up again then all was quiet for at least half hour then rrrrrrrrrrr my drag was smoking only to bust me on pylon{prob a cod}rigged up and bak in about 2 hrs to go in comp and having to return boat and get bak to weight in started slowy paking up when rrrrrrrrrrrrrr drag absolut screaming again steered it outta trouble and felt some awsome head shakes we had no idea what it could be calling everything under the sun and after about 15 min we were surprised to have boated a meter plus woobygong shark {top fun on the light bream gear] few photos and back she went :woohoo: few more casts for nil and time to call it a day so we headed of to weight in thinkin we had no chance to find out everybody else did it pretty tuff to.it was good meetng a few more new dudes at weight in and happy to see dan come third with his bream.cant wait 4 the next one guys the MBC and BRC i will be there woot woot love it. cheers .

norms!

Archived