Tweed to Tallebugera 28/2/2010

NickSteel

Backed the car up and head off 3-am Sunday morning for a fish on the Coast ended up starting at the tweed about 5. Tried a spot out closer to the mouth with good success, bring in consistent bream various of size with 5 or 6 hitting the 30cm to fork mark. Stayed there till about 8 waiting for the Tsunami that never came... Between the 3 of us land about 50 fish at that spot before it shut down.

Early in the morning a school what i can only assume was travelly came through, i had a new Gidgee walk the dog lure on at the time, ( AFO user The Duke will be selling his Gidgees this weekend, sunday i think at the fisherman's market at vic point. Make sure you stop past, he has put so me good prices on his first patch of saltwater lures 3 good surface lures. and has a ripper new shape which the Macks should love doesn't have a lot of mack lures though)chucked it the right area working it back and got an almighty whack, the fish was up out of the water and my heart start racing....only to not get a hook up and then the were gone so missed out

Caught this odd looking thing as well no idea what it is...

FISH_7_600_x_450-20100302.jpg

Then head to a second secret spot.... started off very slow and after the early morning luck i wasn't keen on hanging around.. as I'm chucking my rod back in the car my mate starts yelling quick...quick get the net. We had no net so i went to check it out and to my surprise he had hooked up a Baracota. on 10lb leader i laugh and tell him he has no chance but he landed it very quickly. I had heard rooms of fish like this at this location but hadn't caught or seen them. But I'm now converted. Went for a bit of a walk and found an area where you can site cast for Baracota, i hooked a few but got smoked. Good size fish. I'm told early mornings as the sun comes up travelly. Locals were saying they have caught Baracota over a meter and travelly up to 60cm. So thats where i will be Sunday Morning...

FISH_6_600_x_450.jpg

Then it was off to one of my fav spots to kill so time and use up bait and landed some bream.

For the day the total was 79 fish between 3 of us. I landed 29 so i gave myself The Most Valuable Fisher Award. All Land based and 6 different species were Landed.

Great day... on the better one in recent times. looking forward to winter all of the spots... awaiting the BIG Bream.

Great session Nick.

I am going to pick up a few Gidgees from the Duke tomorrow night.

I hope he gets a fins day before the boaties market as he said that he has a pile of new lures just waiting for the clear coat.

I want to have a look at some of his pencil poppers and maybe a cod lure or two for the Glen Lyon trip later this year.

Cheers

Ray

Nice fish......... Where abouts did u catch the baracuda?? If its a secret dont stress just point a fellow angler in a close direction!!! The rain has really killed off any chances 4 a fish but hopefully by the week end will be down the goldie getting stuck in!!!

Mate

the secret spot is down around currimbin creek. places you wouldn't think to fish and you might have some luck. Im heading down there over the weekend thinking about yaking the area. willing for people to tag along just dont wanna post and have the place flooded with people and all my fish gone.

Archived