Boat Insurance

Allister

Hey Guys,

Just after a bit of advice about boat insurance along with accessories, currently want to get boat, motor, electric, sounder along with my fishing gear covered.. Was with RACQ they would not insure fishing gear so changed to CGU as they said they would cover me for 4k (rods, reels, tackle etc) they have now advised they will only cover $1100 worth.. Any other companies that I can consider?? Your help would be appreciated! Thanks,

Most companies have a policy limit on fishing gear but will let you list extra items. Really check the policy limits and ask the company if you can list extra fishing gear items. I'll check at work tomorrow and see what they offer at my work

CGU advised they would cover me for the 4k then changed their mind and went along with that percentage based equation, so only got $1100 worth, think I will just stick with that. Better than nothing I surpose, Something else to let everyone know... My first quote was nearly rejected because I have a casting deck.... mods to the boat! Have advised I have taken them out so boat is now to original spec.. Unreal! Thanks for the help lel

Archived