St James Lake - Brackley UK

FISH_mad_POM

Well the river season has ended here and the lakes are the only inland waters to fish till june 16th.

Yesterday was the first time i have had time off work whilst theres been no flood or ice and snow so out come the ord and tackle and off down the lake i went.

The sun was nice and the temp was at a steady 17 and i arrived at 6am to be the first one on the water.

I had a walk around the lake ( only 7 acres ) but no sign of any fish movement so i opted for a swim that i know has caught many times before and settles in using a float rod with a big piece of home made maple flavoured paste on the hook. Around mid morning the wind got up bad and the chop became so bad you couldnt really see a bite although one nice sized bream over around the 5lb mark was landed early afternoon.

All round a slow start to my lake sessions but at least a fish was banked and no blank was drawn.

Hopefully with a bit more sun the water will warm and the Tench will wake up , Then all hell will break loose for a few months !

tight lines

Fish_Mad_Pom

The lake fishing season is all year round now Feral bur the UK rivers are closed between 14th march - 16th june to allow for safe spawning of natural stock.

And as for the Tench Aaron it sounds like the same fish mate although what they taste like i dont know ??

Us poms dont eat anything we catch unless its a salmon or trout ! dont know why ??

The lake fishing season is all year round now Feral bur the UK rivers are closed between 14th march - 16th june to allow for safe spawning of natural stock.

And as for the Tench Aaron it sounds like the same fish mate although what they taste like i dont know ??

Us poms dont eat anything we catch unless its a salmon or trout ! dont know why ??

FISH_mad_POM wrote:

Ouch, thats a long closed season for entire fisheries! We have fish specific closed seasons that are long IE Barra have a long closed season here, but complete fishery close downs are usually very short - IE our Coral reefs are only closed for a few days when spawning occurs (several times a year).

We do have a lot of areas where fishing is totally banned year round.

Archived