fiji fishing questions

dnardy

Hi all,

Heading to Fiji first week of March for a family holiday, staying on Plantation Island. 

Can anyone recommend a good charter and/or beach fishing or kayak spot? (I've read elsewhere land based fishing may not be allowed).

Is it worth taking my own gear or just hire there?

Thanks all! I'm not very experienced in salt but usually go alright the rare times I give it a go so will post pics if I get anything.

Never been there but a friend goes a bit, you will be hard pressed to find a fishing charter that doesn't provide gear, but if you have any gear that you like using there's nothing wrong with taking your own.

Despite fishing at parks that provide gear, having a heap of gear in our homes in thailand, every time I go I still take at least two outfits that I like using.

2 hours ago, Bob9863 said:

Never been there but a friend goes a bit, you will be hard pressed to find a fishing charter that doesn't provide gear, but if you have any gear that you like using there's nothing wrong with taking your own.

Despite fishing at parks that provide gear, having a heap of gear in our homes in thailand, every time I go I still take at least two outfits that I like using.

Cheers Bob been catching many? My spot on the Ovens going alright just can't find the big ones.

• 1 month later...