Trevally quicky!

Schilling

After visiting family in NSW and striking out on my bass mission, on the way home decided to pay the goldie a visit and try my luck. This proved to be a good call, finding the trevally up around jabiru island between paradise point and oxenford.

Managed to catch 3 decent big eye trevally going 49cm, 48cm and 46cm with one lonely bream hitting 37cm. All the fish fell victim to my rapala skitter pop in silver/blue with the orange belly. Unfortunately lost my popper on the last cast trying to thread the needle and put the popper right up next to a small netted swimming enclosure!!!

My go to lure!!!

popper_AFO.jpg

This is a pic of another blokes trevally, he was fishing near me and saw the trevally action, asked what i was using? So i gave him one of my other poppers to use.. He was stoked his 1st ever trevally and 1st ever fish caught on a lure!!! He reckons that he's off to the tackle shop and is buying a bucket load of poppers!!! hahaha

trev_AFO.jpg

My 4 fish caught, 3 trevs and a bream

trev_and_bream_AFO.jpg

I had been struggling trying to find some trevally action down the goldie in recent months so am very pleased to finally have found some again. They seriously fight like mad!!!!!. Definately one of the best estuary sport fish going down at the goldie!!!

Tight lines...

Schilling

Saffa the trevs were caught around there... They were moving around following some baitfish, just looked 4 the bust ups on the surface and cast at them. The bream was caught popping next to the swimming enclosure.

For everyone else, if you walk past the bridge onto a board walk it takes you down to what i think is the commera river??? It looks really fishy!!! Nice rock wall, lots of current and the entrance to the little bay!!! Prob lots of trevs and jacks around????

Was fishing at the end of the board walk today but unfortunately got nothing. The tide does rip through there though. If you fish off the end of the rock wall there is a deep hole. Cast towards the green beacon. I got hit pretty hard a few months ago by something big there. Could not stop it.

Archived