Quick Trip to Harry's, sorry no picks

cameronh

Was meant to head out in the bay Saturday morning, but after a long week at th office, the call was made for some quiet friday drinks, that somehow ended up finishing at 2am.... and so, fishing was off.

Then after getting a bit bored on Sunday morning, the call was made to do an arvo sesh in the bay. So we loaded up the boat and off we went from the river. It was a littel rough getting out there but the wind died down a little bit when we got to harries.

We were hoping for some tuna or macheral action and saaw a few birds. Followed them around but nothing, saw a big splash and we took a wide berth to get infront of them, but they didnt come back up...sigh....

And so the call was made to flick some plastic around and drift, surpising thing was that we had the place to ourselves, the usual Harry's Carpark/traffic jam was non exsistent :huh: ... We had harry's to ourselves and loved it.

Motored around and found some bait on the bottom and set up our drift. Flicked out the plastic and before it hit the bottom, Smash!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZz, after a few headshakes and runs up pops a nice squire. Phew.... the dreaded donut eliminated....

Reset the same drift and double hook up, little bro and me both hook up to a pair of flatties, as we already had the squire for dinner, we let the flatties go for another day. Things went alittle quiet after that with a few undersize squire and the usual grinners ripping my plastics apart.

I did get two solid hits however, I failed to hook up and I had one hand on the wheel trying to position the boat... brought the plastic back in and the plastic was half gone and typical snapper teeth imprint left there... ah well, I guess I'll get her another day.

The wind started to pick up after 3 so we decided to call it a day and head home. Final tally for the day about 12 fish, all released except for the one squire(dinner). Not too bad for a couple hours out in the bay.

Thanks

Cam

Thats a good session there Cam. We had a couple of hours there before lunchtime on Sunday and it was a car park. The dolphins were having a great feed on all the small squire everyone was throwing back so you guys did great. Thanks for the report, it gives me hope for next time.

Rob

Hi Rob,

That's all good, yeah I was surprised when we got close, as the GPS said we were at Harry's and I was like wheres the carpark... We wanted to stay longer but had a few things to do at home, I reckon if we stayed for sunset the bite would've been red hot. best of luck for your next trip.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

That's all good, yeah I was surprised when we got close, as the GPS said we were at Harry's and I was like wheres the carpark... We wanted to stay longer but had a few things to do at home, I reckon if we stayed for sunset the bite would've been red hot. best of luck for your next trip.

Thanks

Archived