Quick session this morning...

Shorty

G'day everyone, been a while since I've posted up a report so thought I had to put in a report after the session this morning!

Got to our spot this morning at 6am and met up with a couple of mates. I've never fished this area before but after seeing the photos from what the guys have caught at this place, I had been gagging to give it a go for a while.

Walking out to the spot we were going to be fishing this morning we could see baitfish scattering across the surface... surely a great sign to start off with!

Started off with a popper and was working it non stop. Baitfish would occasionally rip across the surface around us but just weren't getting hits. We figured they would be tailor ripping in to the bait schools so continued on with the poppers.

After almost 2 hours, still no luck but the baitfish were getting more and more panicked... there was a lot more going on out there then what we could obviously see... but what the hell was causing the bust ups??

Finally after having a bit of a think about it, I switched over to a vibe. No sooner had I done this then a school of baitfish went BALLISTIC right near me. In went the vibe and BANG - I was on....

I was only using 4lb gear and this fish was giving it to me and had me jumping all over the rocks trying to keep it under control. As we thought it was just a tailor, we weren't too concerned!

Finally after a great little fight, I got colour... soon followed by a "What the hell is that...?" After a few more darts for cover and freedom, the fish came up by the rocks. A quick lift and he had been successfully landed follow by a call that it is a

"watsons leaping bonito"...! A first for me and a fish that certainly fought for all it was worth! After seeing my success on the vibe, guess what everyone else changed over too...?? :laugh:

Here are some pics -

IMAGE_025.jpg

IMAGE_026.jpg

Pretty looking fish I reckon!

Shortly after getting these pics, the baitfish errupted again and in went my vibe once more... *twitch* *twitch* *twitch* BANG! I'm on again! WOOOHOOO!! Hang on... this feels very different...

IMAGE_027.jpg

It was a baby queenie! SWEET!!

IMAGE_028.jpg

It is a southern cousin that doesn't grow as big as the northern ones but was still a very nice surprise for me!!

As I was getting the hooks out of this queenie, one of the other guys yells out that he is on and he managed to bring up a watsons leaping bonito as well...

IMAGE_032.jpg

By this stage, time had got away from us and it was time to head off to work. Thankfully we don't work too far away. All in all it was a great morning session and a couple of very nice captures. The spot will certainly get more of a workout from us over the coming weeks and hopefully there will be some more nice pics to show you all as well.

Hope you all enjoyed the report!

Shorty ;-)

Archived