Goldy canals

51MPL

Well after a lazy start at 10 we were off in search of some bream n trevs down the coast. Got there after 11 and rigged up with some hbs to work edges and plastics to drift under pontoons.

My mate was drifting unweighted bait around structure and 5mins in zzzz snap, leader popped.. So i quikly put a couple casts in the same spot and bang zzzzz ping wrapped around a pylon couldn't turn the fish - so 1hb down n so I up from 8>15lb leader with plastics n don't even get a touch so we move :)

next spot is plagued with small bream hitting the tails of the plastic n not hooking up so we move again. I dead stick an sp under a pontoon while my mate has his bait slowly drifting under it when zzz I'm on! Fish feels really heavy but won't pull any drag? Lots of weight and hesdshakes and I still don't have colour yet when ping leader gets frayed to bits..

I'm re-rigging when I hear that beautiful sound and zzz my mate is on and this fish is not happy. Few good runs later and a close encounter of the oyster encrusted rock kind and a sold 32 breambo is landed ^_^

IMG_0332.jpg

a stack of mediocre bream later with the only standouts being a 27 & 28 we call it a day and head off in search of some nandos for a late lunch at 2 and call it a day.

IMG_0333.jpg

Only got a couple pics everyone knows what a bream looks like haha, I'm off to work so they should be up 2nite if n when I find my phone cable

sounds like a fun session.

had a fish with insane weight and no runs in the river the other week, thought it was a snag until i "worked it free" found hte lure on the surface and saw a floating rock, biggest stonefish ive ever seen lol

cheers

dan

I have been owned a few times lately when light bream fishing.

Don't forget when you using light gear a 40 cm bream will give you some greif.

I hope to catch one of these 'runners' and find out what I am dealing with.

I suspect a large bream.

not sure about headshakes, I have never had that,mostly just a big "chomp!" then a hard run that usually ends in me amazed :ohmy: at what just took my rigg.

cheers

Archived